Date:      Sat, 10 May 2003 14:40:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        David Johnson <david@usermode.org>
Cc:        kde@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What is the best place to install additional icon sets?

On Fri, 9 May 2003, David Johnson wrote:

> On Friday 09 May 2003 02:45 pm, Adam Weinberger wrote:
>
> > X stuff goes under /usr/X11R6.
>
> But are icons "X stuff"?

Can they be displayed in a non-X environment (more or less, can they be
displayed on the console)? If not, they are "X stuff."

> And if they are, then why isn't KDE considered
> "X stuff" as well? Is KDE a second class citizen that GNOME can be
> installed there but KDE cannot?

This is a ridiculous question, and serves no useful purpose. Please
refrain from posting such obvious flame-bait on freebsd lists.

> Another thing to consider is that KDE at least should be able to use
> icons created specifically for it.

Moot point. No matter where we install icons using the ports system, the
freebsd port of kde can be modified to find them quite easily.

Doug