Date:      Sun, 5 May 1996 14:00:48 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        max@sfc.wide.ad.jp
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: date change and wtmp record

>      I noticed wtmp(5) man page says that `{' is recorded in the field
> ut_line when the system date is changed.  However, `}' is recorded in
> my wtmp instead.
>
> Which one, `{' or `}', is the expected character to be recorded?  I
> think it is better to have wtmp(5) and the actual behavior matched.

I think you're wrong; I see '{'.  Maybe your font is broken?

In any case, it should be a manifest constant in utmp.h used by
both the code that plops the characters in, the man page, and your
code that you want to use to plop the characters out.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.