Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 1997 16:56:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kevin Eliuk <cagey@sunshine.net>
To:        Richard Muff <rmuff@value.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hostname lookup failure.

On Fri, 18 Apr 1997, Richard Muff wrote:

Since it appears that Doug White takes the weekend off I'll see if I can
help :-)

> When I dial my ISP up and try to telnet, etc., I get a hostname
> lookup failure after a very long pause.  I posted this question once
> before, but I forgot to mention that I had already configured the
> resolv.conf with two nameservers, so everyone and their mom wrote back
> and I still didn't figure it out.

I think I missed your mail so you can FWD me the description of
your PC with what version you are running.

If you would like to send me return mail direct showing your
/etc/sysconfig I think that is where your problem will be.

The rest of it is pretty straight forward.

In the mean time you could check these:

1. Do not configure your tun0 device in the sysconfig file
2. Check that your not running linux emulation. (There is doc on this in
the handbook but unless your looking at linux emulation you might miss it)

The only reason I mention these is because they fowled me up ;-%
Why did I want linux emulation anyways.
				|  \    kevin_eliuk@sunshine.net     /  |
				|    \	     Kevin G. Eliuk        /    |