Date:      Sun, 22 Mar 2020 14:30:41 -0400
From:      Ryan Stone <rysto32@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Can net.iflib.min_tx_latency=0 introduce an unbounded amount of latency?

I've been tracking down a bug at work that appears to be due to
excessive latency introduced on the TX side of a TCP connection.  In
looking through the iflib code, I noticed the tunable
net.iflib.min_tx_latency.  My reading of the iflib code is that if a
packet is enqueued to a tx ring but not posted (when
min_tx_latency=0), then iflib can introduce an unbounded amount of
latency if the ring is idle.  Is my reading of the code correct?