Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 2008 10:37:05 -0800
From:      Beech Rintoul <beech@freebsd.org>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@leidinger.net>
Cc:        Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>, freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linux_dri at amd64 (was: Re: What is the recommended LinuxEmulator and kernel that will run skype-devel and maybe Flash9)

On Monday 17 March 2008, Alexander Leidinger said:
> Quoting Beech Rintoul <beech@freebsd.org> (from Sun, 16 Mar 2008
>
> 13:11:59 -0900):
> >>
> >> OK, the email thread that led to the current state of this PR is
> >> what I am remembering, under the vague label of "we will need
> >> someone to track this when we flip it over".
> >>
> >> It will be instructive to look at the graphics/linux_dri row in
> >> http://portsmon.freebsd.org/chartsandgraphs/package_failures_lis
> >>t.a md64-6.html.
> >>
> >> I'm not objecting to flipping the ARCH as long as someone takes
> >> a look at the dependents and does TRT with them.  It sounds like
> >> we already have volunteers :-)
> >>
> >> mcl
> >
> > In going through the depend list, and grepping the tree it looks
> > to me like there are @20 ports affected, one of which is marked
> > broken for other reasons and two which are mine. Unless there's
> > ports which aren't already flagged, I don't see any serious
> > breakage happening.
> >
> > Alexander mentioned to check for linux errors. dyeske has been
> > stress testing skype and there are none. So what's next? Maybe a
> > heads-up on ports@ and I'm willing to ping the individual
> > maintainers and track any breakage.
> >
> > BTW, I posted a list of dependent ports on my wiki:
>
> Ok, as they are already i386 only, I don't expect a major impact by
> just switching linux_dri. To be on the safe side, just have a look
> again if no other port depends upon linux_dri and is marked as
> amd64 too.
>
> Bye,
> Alexander.

That seems to be all of them. I'll post a heads-up to ports@ of the
impending change and a link to the list of the ports in question.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - FreeBSD Developer - beech@FreeBSD.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://www.freebsd.org
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Latest Release:
/ \  - http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/7.0R/announce.html