Date:      Wed, 16 Sep 1998 11:25:15 -0500
From:      "Jeff Vehrs"<JWVEHRS@hewitt.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   KDE 1.0 "make" bombed on 2.2.6

Hi -- I'm trying to install KDE 1.0 on FreeBSD 2.2.6 machine. All worked
just fine except those three. They are GAMES, GRAPHICS & MULTIMEDIA. Here
are those error messages I've received:

   KDEgames-1.0
     /usr/local/qt/bin/moc -o mgame.cpp  (it just idled for a looooong time
- nothing happened)

   KDEgraphics-1.0
     c-auto.h is unchanged
     "Makefile", line 305: Missing dependency operator
     "Makefile", line 308: Need an operator
     "Makefile", line 319: Need an operator
     "Makefile", line 322: Need an operator
     make: fatal errors encountered - cannot continue
     *** Error code 1

     Stop.
     *** Error code 1

     Stop.
     *** Error code 1

     Stop.

   KDEmultimedia-1.0
     make: don't know how to make Kmidframe.moc. Stop
     *** Error code 1

     Stop.
     *** Error code 1

     Stop.

As you can see that I'm learning with FreeBSD 2.2.6. I basically have
pretty good base foundation of understanding how it works. It would be nice
to have a person next to me and answer most of tons of questions I have.
:-)

Anyway, I hope you can help me out. Thanks!

-- jwv