Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 1998 21:29:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Watson <robert@cyrus.watson.org>
To:        Ray Seals <rayseals@midwestis.com>
Cc:        "hackers@FreeBSD.ORG" <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Fw: Your Article "Freeware: The Heart & Soul of the Internet"

On Fri, 10 Apr 1998, Ray Seals wrote:

> In general I have been able to find a FreeBSD equivalent to most of the
> Microsoft Server applications but one.  I haven't found anything to replace
> Schedule + or Group colaberation software.  If anyone can help me there I
> would appreciate it.

This is an interesting point -- I know of at least two organizations that
decided against FreeBSD or BSD/OS with the CMU Cyrus server on the basis
that there was no groupware software available that could take advantage
of their existing windows clients.  Instead they went with MS Exchange
because of Schedule.  It was not even a reluctance to use UNIX, but just
that in this case it did not fit their needs.  Are there any such pieces
of software I can point them to?  It is not too late for at least one :).

  Robert N Watson

----
Carnegie Mellon University  http://www.cmu.edu/
Trusted Information Systems http://www.tis.com/