Date:      25 Jan 1999 12:40:53 +0100
From:      Vadim Belman <voland@plab.ku.dk>
To:        Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@jonny.eng.br>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: splash example ?

	Hi Joao!

On 24 Jan 99 at 21:05, "Joao" (Joao Carlos Mendes Luis) wrote:

 Joao> Hi, I'd like to try a splash screen with 3.0-stable.  My first try
 Joao> was not sucessfull:

 Joao> /boot/loader.rc: load kernel load splash_bmp load -t
 Joao> splash_image_data splash.bmp autoboot 5

 Joao>   Does anybody has an example on how to do that ?  What are the
 Joao> current restrictions for the image format ?

 Joao>   Obviously, my kernel had the "pseudo-device splash".  It's seems
 Joao> to be needed by the screen savers also, altough not specified
 Joao> anywhere.

	I guess you need to cvsup 3.0-STABLE first. It seems like there is
	no support for a splash screen in 3.0-RELEASE.

	In 3.0-STABLE it works with 320x200x8bpp BMP made with The Gimp and
	the following /boot/boot.conf:

load kernel
load -t splash_image_data /boot/daemon-320x200.bmp
load splash_bmp
boot

--
    /Voland			Vadim Belman