Date:      Thu, 18 Aug 2005 08:14:47 +0200
From:      m.ehinger@ltur.de
To:        Glenn Dawson <glenn@antimatter.net>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Parking disk drive heads

I don't want to park them on turn off. I want to park them before a possible strong shock which could cause damage and unpark them
afterwards.

Thanks

maik

             Glenn Dawson <glenn@antimatter.net>

             17.08.2005 21:47                                                                                                    An
                                                               m.ehinger@ltur.de, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
                                                                                                                              Kopie

                                                                                                                              Thema
                                                               Re: Parking disk drive heads

At 11:32 PM 8/16/2005, m.ehinger@ltur.de wrote:
>Hi,
>
>which is the correct way to park the hd head?

Seagate drives park the heads automatically when they are turned
off.  As far as I know, this applies to other manufacturer's drives as well.

-Glenn