Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 2000 10:33:59 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        igorr@crosswinds.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Stopping a core dump in progress?

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Igor Roboul wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 02:09:43PM +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> > So, short of disabling core dumps or limiting the coredumpsize, is there
> > a way to address this on a case by case base, by manually stopping the
> > core dump?
> man login.conf
> Then hit / and type core then press Enter key.
> OR
> man csh
> Hit / and type coredump then Enter key.
> OR
> man sh
> And again '/coredump Enter-key'
>
> I wonder, wonder, wonder. Why some one asks BEFORE he/she check
> manuals? Ok, maybe someone does not know abour 'man' command? Or
> does not know where to look?

He asked how to stop a core dump IN PROGRESS, and he had obviously
already read the manual pages because he knew how to limit coredump
size or disable coredumps entirely.  None of the above manual pages
answer the original question, and you've managed to do nothing but
make an ass out of yourself.  Did YOU bother to read the manual pages
first?

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
   FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and Alpha architectures. ( http://www.freebsd.org )