Date:      Fri, 24 Jan 1997 22:09:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      Pete McNab <stillers@slip.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Boot manager toasted by Win95

Hey all...sick of me yet?

So, the latest bit of fun.  While downloading the Xfree86 source,
I got a Windows 95 Registry Fault.  Upon restarting, I was unable
to start FreeBSD, getting the "F?" prompt.

So, I checked the CMOS to make sure the Cylinder settings were ok.
Then I tried to rerun bootinst to fix the boot manager.  I got
an error saying "Unable to write file bootsav.bin" (The backup file).

I ran fdisk /mbr, and upon rebooting, it went right into Windows, so
I went back to DOS and ran bootinst again, getting the same error
as before.

So, how can I get back to the happy world of FreeBSD?

Pete