Date:      Fri, 9 Mar 2001 02:06:27 -0600
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Andrew Hesford <ajh3@cec.wustl.edu>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: APM

Andrew Hesford <ajh3@cec.wustl.edu> types:
> On a side note, it is not really wise to submit a message to more than
> one mailing list, if procmail isn't properly configured. When somebody
> replies to my message, and CC's both lists, I get at least three copies
> of the response...

Even with procmail properly configured, you may see multiple copies. I
read the -questions digest, so see them *there* instead.

Since my dedupper checks the md5 sum of the body as well as the
message ID (because there are versions of MS LookOut that put the
*same* message ID on every message!), it'd still miss those because of
the unsubscribe message each list adds.

Some sites bounce mail to multiple lists. Would that be appropriate
here?

	<mike