Date:      Fri, 7 Sep 2001 04:16:23 -0700
From:      "Jon Christopherson" <jon@jons.org>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Upgrade problems 3.5-S -> 4.3-S

Hello All,

	I am attempting to upgrade a box from 3.5-S to the latest 4.x-S
and have run into a snag upon the initial buildworld. I get this error
message upon a attempt:

cc -O -pipe    -I/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/include  -c
/usr/src/usr.bin/xinstall/xinstall.c
cc -O -pipe    -I/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/include   -static -o xinstall
xinstall.o
xinstall.o: In function `main':
xinstall.o(.text+0x180): undefined reference to `strtofflags'
*** Error code 1

	I have blown away /usr/src and /usr/obj and cvsupped fresh
releng4 src, and have read numerous documents on the subject, but so far
have been unable to find the cause of the problem. Has anyone else run
into this problem before when upgrading? I would appreciate any
assistance that could be provided.

Regards,

Jon Christopherson
jon@jons.org