Date:      Fri, 24 May 1996 23:43:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@nike.efn.org>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        FreeBSD hackers <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: SCSI hostadapter

On Fri, 24 May 1996, J Wunsch wrote:

> As Terry Lambert wrote:
>
> > I believe the NCR 53c7xx series (I don't recognize the "53C700-66"
> > in particular, though) are not supported because they are very
> > low end components, for which no one has written a driver.
>
> Reminds me: does anybody have any information about the 53C400?

just use the nca driver...  it will work... I used to run a cdrom off a
card that used this chip...

> I've got a couple of these boards sitting on a shelf, they used to
> accompany HP ScanJets.  I don't think they will be anything that can
> be called performant, but just out of curiosity...  Perhaps they are
> good enough to recommend them to someone who needs an adapter for an
> Archive Viper 150 or so (which i'd recommend rather than those floppy
> tape crap).

I never tested the performance with a scsi hard drive of the nc53c400..
(like I would want to run a scsi hard drive off a 8bit card)...  but they
do work...  TTYL..

John-Mark

gurney_j@efn.org
http://resnet.uoregon.edu/~gurney_j/
Modem/FAX: (541) 683-6954   (FreeBSD Box)

Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD (unix)