Date:      Sun, 2 Sep 2012 20:31:01 +0200
From:      Andreas Nilsson <andrnils@gmail.com>
To:        Thomas Steen Rasmussen <thomas@gibfest.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: zfs send -r missing - but documented in zfs(8)

On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 6:40 PM, Thomas Steen Rasmussen <thomas@gibfest.dk>wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> For some reason it seems like the -r argument to "zfs send" isn't
> implemented in FreeBSD. It is documented in the usage output
> seen below:
>

> snip

I have similar "issues", but with a twist:
on my laptop ( 9.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 9.1-PRERELEASE #1 r238754 ) I have
zfs send -r in man page, and
FreeBSD 9.1                    November 26, 2011                   FreeBSD
9.1
at the end of man page.

On my desktop I have
zfs send [-vR] [-[iI] snapshot] snapshot in man page and
SunOS 5.11                        24 Sep 2009
 zfs(1M)
at the end om man page. It's a bit older ( 9.0-STABLE FreeBSD 9.0-STABLE).

I had a similar experience with out-of-sync docs and then I think a missing
mergemaster might have had something to do with it.

Best regards
Andreas