Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 2001 09:28:20 -0600
From:      Krzysztof Parzyszek <kparz@iastate.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   PS/2 mouse

I tried to hook a PS/2 mouse (IntelliMouse) to my FreeBSD box and I couldn't
make it work with X 4.0.2. I did some experimenting and I can't quite
remember particular symptoms with different configurations, but problems
included:
- X server not starting at all (no core pointer)
- X server starting but mouse pointer not moving
- X server starting but mouse pointer jumping all over the screen

`cat /dev/psm0' usually resulted in `Device busy' (that was the reason
why X couldn't see the mouse).

The mouse was installed on irq12, detected during boot, no flags passed
to the driver.

I'm using a KVM switch, but I tried to use the mouse with and without it.
Currently I have the mouse hooked up via the PS/2---serial adapter, but
I feel that's not the Right Way.

Any help will be appreciated.

--
  ,oOo.Bc -=EE    Krzysztof Parzyszek <hektor@iname.com> 11/29/2000 3:41pm
-'7' `L'                            ---Entropy isn't what it used to be...