Date:      Sun, 11 Mar 2012 15:46:20 -0300
From:      Joseph Mingrone <jrm@ftfl.ca>
To:        Mel Flynn <rflynn@acsalaska.net>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: skype-2.1.0.81,1

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 15:39, Mel Flynn <rflynn@acsalaska.net> wrote:
> I've had issues like this when I was still using Skype. Very hard to
> trace, but I had the feeling that a login gets bound to a client-id or
> client version and that failed attempts to log in mark a
> client-id/client version invalid. When this happened to me, I used the
> website password reset feature and it would then let me sign on with the
> new client.

Thanks Mel.  This seems plausible, but for the moment won't be
necessary because to reset anything because after about an hour the
phone successfully signed in while the laptop client was already
signed in.  I'm starting to understand why you stopped using skype.
Searching for alternatives has moved a few places up my priority list.

Thanks again Mel and Matthias.