Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:31:53 -0700
From:      "Jack Vogel" <jfvogel@gmail.com>
To:        "Kip Macy" <kip.macy@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: em network issues

On 10/18/06, Kip Macy <kip.macy@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a Sun T2000 that I generally run with the em driver from as of
> July in order to avoid watchdog timeouts. One trivial scenario that
> reproduces the problem with 100% consistency is running the ghc
> configure script (a 20kloc shell script) over NFS. As the T2000
> doesn't exactly represent "typical" PC hardware it may not be the most
> desirable test platform. Nonetheless, let me know if you're
> interested.
> Thanks for looking into this issue.
>
>     -Kip

I'm a bit confused from the way you worded this, do you have watchdogs
with em, or you use em to avoid them?

If you have problems when running NFS then thats a clue, is it TCP or
UDP based NFS? I am interested, give me details about the setup please.

I have one of the engineers in our test organization trying to repro symptoms
on a system installed with BETA2, it has shared interrupts between em and
usb. Any additional stuff he could run would be helpful.

Thanks,

Jack