Date:      Fri, 30 Sep 2005 17:31:46 -0700 (MST)
From:      Richard Loken <richardlo@admin.athabascau.ca>
To:        ticso@cicely.de
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PC164 and the KZPAC raid controller

On Sat, 1 Oct 2005, Bernd Walter wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 04:19:02PM -0700, Richard Loken wrote:
> > On Sat, 1 Oct 2005, Wilko Bulte wrote:

> > way there.  Any thoughts on VGA cards?  I would like to get rid of this
> > Matrox Millenium that the PC164 SRM is so fond of.

> What's wrong with Millenium cards?
> They are still great for desktop use and servers don't need graphic
> anyway.

This server is my desktop at home and the Millenium only has 2 Mbyte of
memory and X11 has some strong opinions on how many bits of colour and how
much resolution he will provide me with that setup...  I could scarf the
Oxygen out of the 4100 here at work - that guy IS a server and he doesn't
need that much video card.  Alas, I find that managers grow restless when
I knock down the servers (much less steal their video cards).

If I put in an Oxygen I can run VMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
   Richard Loken VE6BSV, Systems Programmer - VMS  : "Anybody can be a father
   Athabasca University                            :  but you have to earn