Date:      Sun, 03 Oct 1999 10:54:17 -0700
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        wwoods@cybcon.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Weird NFS problems...

william woods wrote:

> Are there some specific issues with rpc.lockd and rpc.statd ??

	In all likelihood you don't need lockd. It doesn't work anyway, and
generally only causes problems. Take a look at that mail archives for
more details.

> I am trying to :
>
> ---------                                    ----------
> |  system 1  |                                     |   system #2 |
> |   /usr/src   |----NFS Mount---->> |    /usr/src    |
> |   /usr/obj   |                                     |    /usr/obj   |
> ---------                                     - ---------

	Sorry, I have no idea what this means.

> mount /usr/src and /usr/obj from system #1 on /usr/src and /usr/obj on system
> #2 via NFS so I can do a make world for system#2..
>
> Here is a copy of my /etc/ecports
>
> ------------
> /usr/local/src /usr/local/obj -mapall=0: freebsd.cybcon.com
> ------------

	Are both /usr/local/src and /usr/local/obj real mount points? Look in
/etc/fstab, do you see them listed? It would be more common to have /usr
as a mount point, unless you customized your system. If /usr is the real
mount point just do:

/usr -alldirs -maproot=0 freebsd.cybcon.com

Good luck,

Doug
--
"Stop it, I'm gettin' misty."