Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 1996 18:11:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      mschulter@mpu.com
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   mailto:doc@freebsd.orgMouseless graphics & FreeBSD

Perhaps this is an RAQ (Rarely Asked Question): as
a non-mouse-user who has been using command-line graphics
viewers for seven years in MS-DOS to preview PostScript files
or typeset pages, is there any way to do this in FreeBSD? The book
_Installing and Running FreeBSD_ and other references I've seen seem to
assume that anyone who needs any graphics-mode preview would use X-Windows,
which requires a mouse or similar pointing device.

Short of writing my own version of X-Windows which runs with keyboard
commands alone <grin>, is there a solution, like maybe some third-
party graphics viewers which could be called from a shell script, say?

As a current subscriber to FreeBSD 2.1 through Walnut Creek CDROM, I'd
much appreciate any advice.