Date:      Wed, 21 Jun 2000 10:02:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John F Cuzzola <vdrifter@ocis.ocis.net>
To:        Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
Cc:        Maksimov Maksim <maksim@tts.tomsk.su>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How defend from stream2.c attack?

Hi There,
Thanks for the information. I use alot of FreeBSD servers as dedicated
firewalls and as such am very interested in this kind of information. I
have set net.inet.icmp.icmplim down to 20 (it was set at 200) as
recommended and was wondering what exactly does this variable do? Also do
you recommend compiling the kernel with the restrict RST option as well
and what are the implications of doing so? (ie: what does it break?)

Tanks Mike (& everyone who contributes to this listserv)