Date:      Thu, 23 Apr 1998 23:17:32 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        Phillip Grasso <phillip@1earth.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Transparent Proxy.

On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, Phillip Grasso wrote:

> G'day
>     Just wondering if freebsd/squid can be used as a transparent proxy
> like the cisco cache engine,
> or any other programs that can do such.

I'm currently using Squid as a proxy for a lot of Netscape clients.  Each
client still requires configuration to use the proxy, but with the
appropriate proxy autoconfig script, proxy usage is entirely transparent
to the end user.  Sample scripts can be found on Squid websites/mirrors
and full documentation can be found on Netscape's site.

-- Chris Dillon
--- cdillon@inter-linc.net
--- cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us
/* FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and compatibles (SPARC and Alpha under development)
   (http://www.freebsd.org)                                         */