Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 1996 10:25:48 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        tdwyer@netbsd08.dn.itg.telecom.com.au (Terry Dwyer)
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, mrcpu@cdsnet.net, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Anybody checked out XQuad/Xcl?

Terry Dwyer stands accused of saying:

> I saw WYSIWYG word processor and grabbed it immediately - what a
> disapointment.  I followed the instructions to the letter and chose a dir
> to install in (as root) and a language.  It worked flawlessly first off
> under 2.1.0R.  Well I did have one problem during importing an ASCII file
> into Xcl, a seg fault.
>
> I would not race out and buy either of these products, the WP is
> incomprehensible and the spreadsheet is inadequate.  There is absolutely

I can't speak for the spreadsheet, but the WP is actually a DTP program, and
whilst a bit infantile yet, actually has most of the makings of quite a
good package.

> Into the bit bucket with it, IMHO don't waste your time.

This is really counterproductive advice.  The fact that _you_ didn't
like it shouldn't deter other people from looking, possibly buying
and supporting these people - after all, they've stuck their necks out
this far; if what they've done works for you, go ahead and support them.