Date:      Fri, 27 Sep 1996 22:32:19 -0500
From:      "Ric Flinn" <rmf@friley10.res.iastate.edu>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing bootstrap code

>On Thu, 26 Sep 1996, Ric Flinn wrote:
>
>> I have freebsd-current installed on my 2nd SCSI drive. The install program
>> failed to install any bootstrap code to the disk, so my boot manager does no
>> find any operating system. I know I could install bootstrap code by using
>> 	disklabel -B -w disk label
>> but the install program doesnt give a label for the disk in the disktab. Is
>> there another way to install bootstrap code to the disk?
>
>Try 'auto' for the disk type.
>
>Doug White                              | University of Oregon
>Internet:  dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu    | Residence Networking Assistant
>http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~dwhite    | Computer Science Major

I tried this but also had no luck. The message I got is:
  disklabel: ioctl DIOCSDINFO: Open partition would move or shrink
It acts like the label that the sysinstall gave me is quite not right. I get
similar errors when i try to use a disktab entry that I created using info
from the label i extract with disklabel -r sd1. Any more ideas?

Ric Flinn                                                     rmf@iastate.edu