Date:      Sat, 17 Feb 2018 15:50:55 -0800
From:      Thomas Skibo <thomasskibo@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Entering kdb in early boot

Hello:

I noticed that ARM machdep.c doesn=E2=80=99t support entering kdb on =
boot (boot -d from the loader).  I looked to see how other architectures =
implement it and came up with an easy patch.

While trying to get this to work, I discovered that machdep_boot.c =
doesn=E2=80=99t include opt_ddb.h and so the kernel symbols weren=E2=80=99=
t getting loaded into the debugger early in the boot (see the call to =
db_fetch_ksymtab() in freebsd_parse_boot_param()).  I have never noticed =
any problems with symbols in kdb before.  I wonder how those symbols =
eventually get loaded and wonder if now I'm calling it twice.

In any case, I=E2=80=99d be happy to put this up on phabricator if you =
like.

=E2=80=94Thomas=20

=E2=80=94=E2=80=94
Thomas Skibo