Date:      Wed, 2 Aug 2000 12:36:30 +1000 (EST)
From:      Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
To:        silby@silby.com (Mike Silbersack)
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ip packet filtering with bridging on freebsd (fwd)

In some mail from Mike Silbersack, sie said:

> AFAIK, you found the bug(s), know what they are, know how to fix them, and
> have commit access, Darren.

But not the time.  I mentioned here what needs to be done, how come nobody
else has done it ?  Maybe because a PR hasn't been lodged ? :)

It's one of the great failings of open source - assuming that "someone else"
will do the work "because they can" when in reality "nobody does".

> So why did you take the script-kiddie route and mail bugtraq before any
> hint of a patch appeared?

Given the latest flamage from my commits, I don't have time to make and
test the required changes even so far as compiling goes so that should
be enough to rule me doing it out.

It's also not my balliwhack (that section of the code) so I'm not eager
to step on someone else's toes...

btw, don't whinge about it being posted to bugtraq - the patch is not that
hard and I already spelt out here what needs doing.  Just copy the OpenBSD
code.