Date:      Sun, 14 Jun 1998 18:08:38 +0200
From:      Pascal Gienger <p@znet.de>
To:        Heiko Schaefer <hschaefer@fto.de>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: trying to use ppp ... and failing! :-)

> after that i did a spppcontrol and set my pap-secrets
> (doesnt the sppp package support using /etc/ppp/pap-secrets ?!).
> finally i set my default route to -interface isppp0.

Would be better to...

> i get my ip assigned dynamically (using 0.0.0.0 as my own adress of
> isppp0), and i know the (static) adress of the isp's dial-in.
> i can ping this (static) adress, but i cant ping any other machine on the
> net (for example pinging the ip of my isp's dns doesnt get any reply)
>
> the interface isppp0 says:
>
> isppp0: flags=814<DEBUG,POINTTOPOINT,SIMPLEX> mtu 1500
>         inet 0.0.0.0 --> 193.197.153.57 netmask 0xffffff00

do a "route add default 193.197.153.57".

What is the output of "netstat -rn" ?
The sppp connections seems to be good if 193.197.153.57 does reply to
ICMP echo requests.

> another question that i'm wondering about is, if i4b makes the device
> isppp0 'up' by itself, because i believe it did that while i was testing.
> bisdn didn't do that, for all i understand.

You want to do a "ifconfig isppp0 link1" or add "link1" at your
ifconfig-Options in /etc/rc.conf if you want a dialout when a valid
packet wanting to go outside arrives. :-)

Pascal
--
p@znet.de                  Factum Data            - A woman without a man
http://pascal.znet.de/     Pascal Gienger         - is like a fish without