Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 2003 17:24:42 +0100
From:      Heinrich Rebehn <rebehn@ant.uni-bremen.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   vmware2: vmware startup kills host interface

Hi all,

i installed the vmware2 port and it works fine execpt for networking.
I selected "Netgraph bridging" and "bind to interface sis0", which is my
machine's NIC.

When i do /usr/local/etc/rc.d/vmware start, the module gets loaded, and my
internet connection gets killed. Since this is a diskless workstation, i have to
reboot.

I browsed the archive, and found many problems w/ vmware networking, but not
this one.

BTW, should this be posted to questions@ or to ports@ ? I would normally post it
to ports@, but saw most postings at questions@

I use FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE.

can someone help?

Heinrich
--

Heinrich Rebehn

University of Bremen
Physics / Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Telecommunications -

E-mail: mailto:rebehn@ant.uni-bremen.de
Phone : +49/421/218-4664
Fax   :            -3341