Date:      Sun, 26 Aug 2018 17:15:19 -0300
From:      =?utf-8?Q?Lucas_Nali_de_Magalh=C3=A3es?= <rollingbits@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   releng/11.2 src install oddness

Hi.

I want to drop a note about what happened to me. I did an upgrade from relen=
g/9.3 to releng/10.4 to releng/11.2 in an old computer during the last few w=
eeks. Everything went fine modulus my rusty skills until today.

I changed the generic kernel to remove 10 support and a few other things. I f=
ollowed the proposed script and it built without major issues. When I reboot=
ed into the new kernel, surprise: almost everything core dumped. make core d=
umped, shutdown core dumped=E2=80=A6 I did a power off cycle, went through t=
he old kernel, single user, and make installworld finished without issues. I=
 never saw this before. Then I rebooted into the new kernel and followed fro=
m there on until the end. I'm a happy new releng/11.2 user now.

Lc

--=20
rollingbits =E2=80=94 =F0=9F=93=A7 rollingbits@gmail.com =F0=9F=93=A7 rollin=
gbits@terra.com.br =F0=9F=93=A7 rollingbits@yahoo.com =F0=9F=93=A7 rollingbi=