Date:      Wed, 1 Mar 2000 14:26:49 +0100
From:      Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
To:        "Gene Sokolov" <hook@aktrad.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Advise needed: the best 10baseT card for ipfw.

Hello,

I'm a bit surprised that you find a PCI-NE2000 slow : this board would have been my best pick (cheap board, which works "honnestly")

I have also used 4 3c900 boards in a setup where I had permanent bi-directional 8-Mbps traffic on all 4 ports : the load was aroud 50% on a P-III-450 (with a mix of packet sizes)

     TfH

"Gene Sokolov" <hook@aktrad.ru> on 01/03/2000 13:46:58