Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2006 02:59:44 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Arne H. Juul" <arnej@pvv.ntnu.no>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: close() of active socket does not work on FreeBSD 6

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006, Greg Lewis wrote:
> This is, unfortunately, a known problem.  See
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/97921

Yeah, I got redirected there by somebody else too; it seems I've
managed to spark lots of debate now at least.  Copying linux_close.c and
thereby working around the problem in the Java VM looks like it solves
my immediate problem, and could probably be integrated into the diablo
jdk too?  I've tried the C version of the test program and it behaves
"badly" on Linux, FreeBSD 6, and NetBSD at least, so patching over it
is probably the best medium-term solution.

  - Arne H. J.