Date:      Thu, 12 Jan 2012 22:23:08 +0000
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Matt Lager <mlager@sdunix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PF state key linking mismatch in FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE

On 12. Jan 2012, at 21:07 , Matt Lager wrote:

> I've had a bug report in on this for a while but hasn't received a =
response yet, also posted to the FreeBSD forums and haven't received a =
response either, see these links:
>=20
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3Dkern/163208
> http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=3D28278
>=20
> I don't believe it to be a configuration issue, and this is really =
preventing me from using FreeBSD 9.0 as VPN endpoints. If anyone has any =
information on this, I would greatly appreciate it.

yeah it's the re-use of an mbuf that previously passed through pf.  The =
logging is noise basically though can be painful with a slow (serial) =
console.  I have a sysctl locally to disable the logging, OpenBSD has =
removed the printf by now.  I agree that we need to fix these places =
where it still originates and even if it's for documentation purposes to =
eventually decide if re-using the mbuf there is really cheaper  to =
allocating a new one as other people lately found transporting other =
properties along with the mbuf and re-using that can lead to odd =
results.

/bz

--=20
   It does not matter how good you are. It matters what good you do!