Date:      Tue, 24 Jun 2003 08:18:30 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Markus D. <sm4tnp8@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   5.1R questions O2Micro, ACPI

Hi,

yesterday I installed 5.1R on my laptop (dual-booting with 4.8R) and was
happy that it worked without any big problems. But as I'm new to -current I have
a few questions:

1.
APM is deprecated and ACPI seems to work. As far a I read, acpiconf is used
to make the machine sleep. How can I determine the current power mode and
battery state? apm still gives information about that, but is that correct?

When booting, there are "system power profiles" set. How can I set this?

When pushing the "sleep" button on my box, I get the error
'
acpi0: AcpiGetSleepTypeData failed - AE_NOT_FOUND
'
Can anybody tell me what this means and what I can do?

2.
Then there is the neverending O2Micro story. I'm using 5.1R GENERIC. Here is
the part from dmesg:
cbb0: <O2Micro OZ6812/6872 PCI-CardBus Bridge> mem 0x88000000-0x88000fff irq
11 at device 3.0 on pci0
cardbus0: <CardBus bus> on cbb0
pccard0: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb0

2a) Do I still need to run pccardd under 5.1? And what function does
pccard.conf have?

2b) If I insert a card, simply _nothing_ happens. I had a similar behaviour
with 4.8 when I had no free irq in pccard.conf.

Thank you for your help...

Markus D.