Date:      Wed, 01 Oct 1997 01:38:11 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Studded" <Studded@dal.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Final notice: 2.2 branch code freeze is coming up.

> 	I like this idea, with the caveat that perhaps the one on
> ftp.freebsd.org would be one or two days old so that people d/l'ing
> them have a reasonable chance of avoiding *new* bugs as opposed to the
> very valid situation that Jordan mentioned of not stumbling over old
> ones that are already fixed.  You should probably also have a pointer

I think I can manage about 4 complete releases there, so that should
give people a more than reasonable range.  Remember also that these
are supposed to be coming from a *frozen* branch: If there are any new
bugs added at any point during this test cycle, many people will be
annoyed. :-)

> in a text file telling people how to get the very latest from the
> 22releng machine.  And the 2.2.5-date-BETA idea that Joseph came up
> with is a very good one as well. :)

Done.

> 	And speaking of bugs.... I get the impression that the (now)
> 2.2.5-beta code is pretty stable at this point?  I ask beause I've got

I sure hope so! ;-)

					Jordan