Date:      Mon, 16 Jul 2012 23:10:45 -0700
From:      Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
To:        Trent Nelson <trent@snakebite.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: The MFC process...

On 16 July 2012 22:35, Trent Nelson <trent@snakebite.org> wrote:
> On 7/16/12 11:19 PM, "Eitan Adler" <lists@eitanadler.com> wrote:
>
>>On 16 July 2012 19:33, Trent Nelson <trent@snakebite.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> There are currently no automated MFC systems in place, correct?  I.e.
>>>the
>>> onus is completely on the developer that made the change to head to
>>>merge
>>> back to stable?
>>
>>Correct.
>>
>>> Do the RELENG team do anything in particular to check
>>> that changes for MFC actually make it back to stable?
>>
>>As far as I am aware, they do not.
>
> Sounds like a "what-hasn't-been-MFC'd-back-to-stable-yet" script could be
> quite useful, then ;-)

Of interest to me: if it could be limited to just the commits I made
and optionally show me the log message and diff it would be very
helpful.

On a general note: be careful with any level of automation with this
script though. Sometimes there are good reasons that a commit wasn't
MFCed.

--
Eitan Adler