Date:      Wed, 11 Apr 2007 20:16:16 +0300
From:      Apatewna <apatewna@yahoo.gr>
To:        Zbigniew Szalbot <zbyszek@szalbot.homedns.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fetchmail checksum mismatch error

O/H Zbigniew Szalbot έγραψε:
> Dear all,
>
> I tried updating fetchmail today from 6.3.6 to 6.3.8. I used portupgrade
> to do it. However, I got an error message about checksum mismatch.
>
> I suspect it may have something to do with me stopping the upgrade process
> because while downloading the files, the connection froze and there was no
> progress for about 15 minutes or so. So I pressect CTRL-C on the command
> line and tried again. Since then I have been getting checksum mismatch
> warnings and I am not able to upgrade.
>
> What should I do now? Your advice is very much appreciated!
>
> Thank you!

Make absolutely sure that there are no fetchmail instances delivering
mail to your mail queue. Check your mail logs for this.
When the traffic is stopped (daemon goes to sleep or all deliveries are
done), make sure that fetchmail daemon is stopped
(/usr/local/bin/fetchmail -q) or if it is run from cron, temporarily
remove the entry.

As a general rule of thumb, if a port download breaks at some point you
should start over, but first you should clean up the mess.
A "make distclean" and "make clean" inside the fetchmail port directory
(/usr/ports/mail/fetchmail) will delete the half-downloaded file and
clean up the work directory.

The half-downloaded file is in /usr/ports/distfiles

--
RTFM and STFW before anything bad happens
Thanos Rizoulis