Date:      Thu, 7 Mar 2013 06:02:56 GMT
From:      Adam Meily <meily.adam@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/176720: syslinux 5.01 not installing all c32 files

>Number:         176720
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       syslinux 5.01 not installing all c32 files
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I was trying to setup a pxe server on my FreeBSD server and was having issues with missing c32 files once I booted into pxe.

Specifically, I was using the sysutils/syslinux 5.01 port and after `make install` I copied the c32 files from the install directory (/usr/local/share/syslinux) to my tftp pxe root directory. I found that no matter what my pxe configuration was I kept getting messages indicating that ldlinux.c32 could not be found when I booted into pxe. After digging deeper, I found that only certain c32 files were being installed into /usr/local/share/syslinux with a `make install`. Initially, I only copied the ldlinux.c32 file over from the work directory to the installation directory but then found that the libutil.c32 file was missing on reboot into pxe. It is then that I copied all c32 files from the work directory over to installation directory. After that pxe seems to be working fine.

I believe that the install target for the sysutils/syslinux 5.01 port needs updating so that all c32 files built are copied into the installation directory.
>How-To-Repeat:
cd /usr/ports/sysutils/syslinux
make install
# the next command will fail because ldlinux.c32 does not exist in the
# installation directory even though it is built by the previous `make`
ls -l /usr/local/share/syslinux/ldlinux.c32
>Fix:
Manually copy all c32 files from the work directory into the install directory:

cd /usr/ports/sysutils
make install
cd /usr/ports/sysutils/syslinux/work/syslinux-5.01
find . -name "*.c32" -exec cp "{}" /usr/local/share/syslinux \;