Date:      Sat, 4 Feb 2006 07:57:07 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        Sean Bruno <sbruno@miralink.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Build 4.11 kernel on 6-Release

On Fri, 2006-Feb-03 11:50:54 -0800, Sean Bruno wrote:
>Just curious if I should even bother trying to compile 4.11's kernel
>under Release 6.
>
>Just tried and couldn't successfully 'config MYKERNEL_CONF':

Do you want to give some more detail.  The 6.0 config won't work on a
4.11 config file.  Something similar to the following should work:

# cd somewhere
# cvs -d /usr/ncvs co -rRELENG_4_11 -P src
# cd src
# make buildworld
# make KERNCONF=MIRALINK.serial_console buildkernel

It may be possible to avoid doing a full buildworld if you just need the
kernel but you have to build the cross build tools and use them to build
the kernel.

--
Peter Jeremy