Date:      Thu, 10 Dec 2020 16:31:58 -0800
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.net>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>, "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Build for Intel iXP420 board?

Brett Glass wrote this message on Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 15:42 -0700:
> FreeBSD 9 or 10! These are just old enough that I can't find archives. Were
> Avila images ever published in binary form, or would I have to set up a
> development machine, check out old sources, and cross-build?

I don't think FreeBSD ever produced images for them.  I happen to have
used one recently, and even have one within a few feet of me right now..

I don't remember what the last release I ran on them but both 10 and 11
both still have the AVILA config file:
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/stable/11/sys/arm/conf/

You do have the benefit that the boards have u-boot on them (iirc),
so you don't have to "deal" with building and putting a custom u-boot
to load our loader, but I am trying to remember what I did to load our
laoder to boot the UFS image from the CF card...

Looks like most of this is documented on the wiki:
https://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSDAvila

I just updated the wiki to make sure people know that these boards are
no longer supported.

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579