Date:      Wed, 3 May 2000 10:35:10 +0100
From:      "Gallagher, Mick" <mick.gallagher@roke.co.uk>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Mouse gets lost!

Hi All,

I run two PC's, and share my mouse, keyboard and monitor between them.

Rather than unplugging the monitor etc. every time I want to connect to the
other PC, I use a simple data transfer switch instead. (By simple, I mean
that it doesn't support mouse/keyboard emulation on the 'unused' ports).

However, if I switch the keyboard and mouse from the FreeBSD box, then back
again, FreeBSD cannot see the mouse. This is also true if restart the X
server. In fact, nothing other than a reboot will do! (Note that
reconnection of the keyboard works fine, though).

The alternative is to have a separate mouse for both machines, but surely a
more elegant solution exists...

And so my question: Is there some way I can get FreeBSD to 're-see' the
mouse after a disconnection/reconnection?

Many thanks,
Mick

---
mickg@iname.com