Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2002 13:45:34 -0500
From:      "Richard S. Conto" <rsc@merit.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        rsc@merit.edu
Subject:   Sound on Dell Inspiron 3000

I have a Dell Inspiron 3000 with a Crystal Scan 4237B for audio.

I've yet to be able to figure out how to configure it.

The Dell documentation claims it's Sound Blaster/Sound Blaster Pro
compatible, at IRQ 5, as an ISA device.  I think I recall seeing
documentation mentioning port 0x220 and DMA channel 0, but now I
can't find the reference.

I've tried:

	device sbc0    at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x0
	device pcm

I've also tried:

	device snd
	device sb0     at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1

without much luck.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  This device
isn't on the official list of hardware.