Date:      Thu, 08 Jun 1995 13:49:43 -0700
From:      Gary Palmer <gpalmer@westhill.cdrom.com>
To:        Temptation <temp@temptation.interlog.com>
Cc:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>, kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: A day in the life of wcarchive..

In message <Pine.3.89.9506081636.B3252-0100000@temptation.interlog.com>, Tempta
tion writes:
>> >doesn't mean much if MCI and Sprintnet are lagged on the way :)

>Are you sure? MCI and Sprintnet says it's not theirs :)

Unless there is a break in the BARRNET (oops - that's BBN PlaNET
Western Region now of course!) FDDI ring, it's not a fault at our
end. It's either the T3 out of BARRNET that's overloaded, or more
likely MCI or SPRINT falling over (yet again). The problems we have
been seeing lately are cauing large scale routing outages for long
periods, but only when we start using facilities outside BARRNET -
i.e. it's a MCI, SPRINT, or other problem. If they don't admit to it,
then kick them harder, as you are still talking to their PR
department.

>> >Sounds very slow, 100Mbit/sec would be better ;)

>> Err. You paying? :-)

>Err. I thought you was for me?? :)

Sorry? I can't parse that sentence.

Gary