Date:      Mon, 20 Jun 2005 14:47:47 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Benjamin Thelen <bt@ccgis.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linux-gtk2-2.2.1_3 not deinstalling on Rel. 4.11p10

Benjamin Thelen <bt@ccgis.de> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply! The quick way succeeded for linux-gtk2, but I
> get the same error-messages for the linux-realplayer now:
>
> pkg_delete: package 'linux-realplayer-10.0.2_1' doesn't have a prefix
>

> linuxpluginwrapper then fails because of a stale dependency - at
> least, I'm told so :-):
>
> Stale dependency: linuxpluginwrapper-20050320 --> linux-realplayer-10.0.4

Run "pkgdb -F" and let it depend upon the 10.0.2_1 realplayer.

> Would the quick way you told me, also work for these two ports?

I don't know if the packaging list changed between 10.0.2 and 10.0.4. If
there's no change, you could do the same with the realplayer port.

You could add "@origin multimedia/linux-realplayer" to
/var/db/pkg/linux-realplayer-10.0.2_1/+CONTENTS and try again with
portupgrade. You could also remove all files specified in +CONTENTS and
proceed like you did with linux-gtk2.

Bye,
Alexander.

There appears to be irrefutable evidence that
the mere fact of overcrowding induces violence.
		-- Harvey Wheeler