Date:      Wed, 08 Dec 1999 04:14:54 GMT
From:      "Randy Porter" <r_porter@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Illegal Request when automounting CD

I have several CDROM drives set automatically mount when the system boots,
but they all return the following error:

CD0(aic1:1:0) Illegal Request  csi:8,20,0,0 asc 20:0 Invalid command
operation code

After the error, they are accessable, but I can't unmount them.

I am using FreeBSD 2.2.8 with an Adaptec 1520 SCSI Card and NEC 2x cdrom
drives.

The lines in my FSTAB that automount the drives are as follows:

/dev/cd0c          /shared/cd0     cd9660  ro              0       0
/dev/cd1c          /shared/cd1     cd9660  ro              0       0
/dev/cd2c          /shared/cd2     cd9660  ro              0       0
Any advice would be helpful

Thanks
Randy