Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 1998 03:13:11 -0600
From:      "Ryan Ward" <rward@netcom.ca>
To:        "Robert Helmer" <frumpler@hotmail.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: simple networking problem...(hopefully :) )

I'll take a crack from what I see here. Are you pinging from your ppp
connection? If so remember the 10.x.x.x network is reserved for private use
and if your default route which is your gateway of x.x.107.206 is on another
subnet in this case I am guessing is a public block and a whole other subnet
you wont get any routing, your default gateway would have to be configured
for something in the 10.2.5.x block, and then maybe aliasing that block to
your ether card doing some sort of NAT translating. Right now your ppp
connection really doesnt have anyway of finding the x.x.107.206 network. Now
on the other hand if you tried pinging locally from the machine it should
work because your ethernet card has a route out.

Forgive me if I happened to answer this wrong, just trying to help.

Ryan