Date:      Thu, 11 Sep 2003 11:07:05 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Michael Edenfield <kutulu@kutulu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Quo vadis, -CURRENT? (recent changes to cc & compatibility)

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 12:41:41 -0400
Michael Edenfield <kutulu@kutulu.org> wrote:

> Err, not quite.  Tried to build gnome2 lately?  :)
>
> gnome2 depends on gnomemedia2.
> gnomemedia2 depends on gstreamer-plugins.
> gstreamer-plugins fails because ARTSD_FLAGS in several dozen Makefiles
> includes -pthread.

Artsd is a part of KDE and gstreamer-plugin doesn't build it by default
(the plugin gets build if artsd is already installed or you have to ask
for it). Artsd isn't maintained by gnome@ and it doesn't use the
bsd.gnome.mk framework, so it doesn't fall into my definition of a GNOME
port.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
   If Bill Gates had a dime for every time a Windows box crashed...
                ...Oh, wait a minute, he already does.