Date:      Thu, 31 Jul 2008 07:32:23 +1000
From:      Michael Christie <michael@powerzone.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Group Limits

Hi there,

I am running webmin and virtualmin  on freebsd  7.0,  I have  found when
i add a number of domains using virtualmin and restart apachie i get the
following error.

[alert] (22)Invalid argument: initgroups: unable to set groups for User
www and Group 80...    Apachie will not start..

 it happens when the 'apache' or 'httpd' user is a member of too many groups. By default,
Virtualmin adds the user Apache runs as to each domain's group, which
eventually triggers this problem.

Can any one advise me how to expand the number of groups allow on freebsd I think my default it is 16, I need to make it 50 to 100

Thank you

Michael