Date:      Fri, 31 Oct 1997 09:56:52 +0100 (MET)
From:      Eivind Eklund <perhaps@yes.no>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        perhaps@yes.no, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, tore@yes.no
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD: Turning PCs into Workstations

> > (3) FreeBSD: Power, not price.
>
> I have to say that this entry currently tops my list for "short and
> sweet".  If you want to beat this one, you'll have to do better
> guys. :)

I ran this by our marketing exec - he thinks it give associations to
"boy's rooms OS".  I tend to agree with him.

He is usually quite good at this kind of stuff, but said he needed a
mission statement to be able to give it a go.

So - what image do we want FreeBSD to project?

My priorities are
* Professional
* Fast
* Powerful

in that order.

Can somebody else come up with a better definition of what we want to
communicate?

Eivind.