Date:      Tue, 8 Feb 2000 13:21:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike Squires <msquires@sir-alan.chem.indiana.edu>
To:        FreeBSD ports <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   kernel bug in 3.4-RELEASE or in samba 2.0.6?

All versions of samba 2.0.6 I've tried under 3.4-RELEASE with either the
GENERIC or custom kernels are unable to allocate buffer space if that
option is used in smb.conf, i.e., the error

	lib/util_sock.c:set_socket_options(151)
	Failed to set socket option SO_SNDBUF (Error no buffer space available)

occurs for both the SO_SNDBUF and SO_RCVBUF options.

I tried the -current version of today, also.

This results in very slow file system performance, 400K/sec vs 2MB/sec on
an identical 3.3-RELEASE system.

Mike Squires